Friday, December 30, 2011

Questions? Ask a SSOH Employee

What advice can you provide for someone interested in becoming a SSOH employee?

I have worked with/for Staffing Solutions of Hawaii off and on for over 13 years now. When I first approached the agency, it was still a franchise of Remedy Intelligent Staffing. At the time, I was fresh off of a 7-year stint as a convenience retail manager, and had not a clue of what I wanted to do next. Thanks to the very first assignment I had with SSOH I discovered that I had a real knack for working in the medical/health insurance field. That eventually prompted me to return to school to earn my A.A.S. in Medical Office Administration at Heald College Honolulu. I'm now working on a second A.A.S. in Health Information Technology, again at the Honolulu campus of Heald College.

I've had several long-term assignments with SSOH that have turned into permanent placements, and each of those jobs has added to my knowledge and my marketability. And, when the time has come to shift gears and try something new, SSOH has always - ALWAYS - been willing and able to put me back to work.

I think the best advice I can give someone considering working as a temp with SSOH would include the following pointers: a) stay in regular contact with your Staffing Coordinator; b) give honest feedback about your current assignment (in a positive fashion) to your SC; c) be willing to receive feedback from your SC, even if it's in the form of "constructive criticism"; d) always start and end your daily duties on time; e) be positive and flexible; f) remember that your SC is there to make sure that you have everything that you need to do well on an assignment, and to help you improve your skills; s/he is your lifeline!

Miriam E.
Honolulu, HI

No comments:

Post a Comment